Candelaria, Nevada

The silver strike that led to Candelaria was made by a band of Spanish Prospectors in 1863. Be sure to see the Mission Bells from the early 1800's that are on display at the Mineral County Museum.

 

Below are links with more photos and information

 

The location of Candelaria is appoximately 121 miles from Fallon on US 95S; from there turn W on dirt road for 6 miles to the location of the town site. Candelaria was at 38°09'32"N 118°05'21"W / 38.15889°N 118.08917°W / 38.15889; -118.08917, at an elevation of 5714 feet (1742m).